Brioche French Toast
Back to Recipes
Makes 6 pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1cup whole milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 6 ¾-inch-thick brioche bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, plus more for serving
- Pure maple syrup, fresh berries, or powdered sugar (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Lightly beat eggs, cream, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a large shallow bowl. Dip the bread into the custard, turn to coat, then press down gently on bread until you feel it start to soak up custard mixture – let the bread sit to soak while the skillet comes to temperature.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, carefully lift 3 slices of bread from custard, letting excess drip back into the bowl, and cook in skillet until golden brown and center of toast springs back when pressed, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer toast to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet and keep warm in oven while you cook remaining slices of bread with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Serve French toast with butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, and/or powdered sugar.